Decision : 39 COM 5C
Follow-up to the Director-General’s Initiative on “The World Heritage Convention: Thinking Ahead”
- Having examined Document WHC-15/39.COM/5C,
- Recalling Decisions 33 COM 5A, 34 COM 5C, 35 COM 5D, 36 COM 12B, 37 COM 5C, 38 COM 5C adopted at its 33rd (Seville, 2009), 34th (Brasilia, 2010), 35th (UNESCO, 2011), 36th (Saint-Petersburg, 2012), 37th (Phnom Penh, 2013) and 38th (Doha, 2014) sessions respectively;
- Thanks the Director-General for convening the follow-up meeting on “The World Heritage Convention: Thinking Ahead” (UNESCO Headquarters, 21 January 2015);
- Acknowledges the positive impact of actions already taken, as well as plans for further actions;
- Encourages all stakeholders to continue to pursue efforts to enhance and facilitate dialogue, communication and transparency in all processes of the Convention and in the framework of the Director-General’s initiative, “The World Heritage Convention: Thinking Ahead”, as well as to address funding implications, within their respective mandates and competence, as appropriate.