The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-14/38.COM/7B.Add,
- Recalling Decision 37 COM 7B.97, adopted at its 37th session (Phnom Penh, 2013),
- Commends the State Party for preparing a comprehensive Management Plan for the property that reflects the recommendations made by the 2013 ICOMOS advisory mission;
- Urges the State Party to take into account the recommendations made by the 2013 ICOMOS advisory mission regarding the management system, including the decision-making process, management responsibilities, and governance;
- Also commends the State Party for undertaking Heritage Impact Assessments of the proposed interventions at the architectural ensemble of the Society of Jesus and of the Quito subway project’s San Francisco and Plaza del Teatro stations, in accordance with the ICOMOS Guidance on Heritage Impact Assessments for Cultural World Heritage Properties, and also urges the State Party to continue consulting with the World Heritage Centre and Advisory Bodies on these projects, including the analysis of alternatives, with a particular focus on interventions assessed as potentially having a negative impact;
- Reiterates its request to the State Party to consider the implementation of a single comprehensive conservation plan with details on costs and timeframes for implementation at different sectors of the property, on the established guidelines and criteria for interventions, and on changes of use;
- Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2015, an updated report, including a 1-page executive summary, on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 40th session in 2016.