The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-12/36.COM/12D;
2. Takes note of the progress made in the preparation of the celebration of the 40th anniversary of the World Heritage Convention under the theme “World Heritage and Sustainable Development: the Role of Local Communities”;
3. Encourages States Parties to continue to develop, support and carry out activities to promote the anniversary;
4. Invites the World Heritage Centre to continue implementing the programme of activities assisted by extrabudgetary funding available or to be identified;
5. Requests the World Heritage Centre to report on the 40th anniversary celebrations to the 37th session of the World Heritage Committee (2013).