The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29 COM/7A.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 28 COM 15A.31 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Referring to 171 EX/Decision 18, taken at the 171st session of the Executive Board of UNESCO (April 2005), notably “affirming that nothing, in the present decision, which aims at the safeguarding of the cultural heritage of the Old City of Jerusalem, shall in any way affect the relevant United Nations resolutions and decisions, in particular the relevant Security Council resolutions on the legal status of Jerusalem”,
4. Reiterates its concern as to the threats to the cultural heritage of the Old City of Jerusalem, as stated in Decision 28 COM 15A.31;
5. Takes note with satisfaction of the continuing efforts of the Director-General of UNESCO in pursuing a comprehensive initiative for the safeguarding of the cultural heritage of the Old City of Jerusalem;
6. Welcomes and supports the preparation by UNESCO of an Action Plan based on the set of guidelines provided by the International Committee of Experts, as well as proposals for its implementation, in coordination with the concerned parties;
7. Requests the World Heritage Centre to report on the progress of these recommendations for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);8. Decides to retain the Old City of Jerusalem and its Walls on the List of World Heritage in Danger.