The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 30 COM 7B.92 and 31 COM 7B.119, adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006) and its 31st (Christchurch, 2007) sessions respectively,
3. Notes the results of the seminar on management of Spanish World Heritage cities (27-28 September 2007, Aranjuez, Spain);
4. Expresses its concern about the lack of progress with the integrated management plan for the property;
5. Also noting the changes made to the" Huerto de las Adoratrices project", requests the State Party
a) to suspend the project until the results of an expert mission are available;
b) to develop, in consultation with the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS a draft Statement of Outstanding Universal Value including the conditions of integrity and authenticity, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009;
c) to invite a joint World Heritage Centre / ICOMOS Reactive Monitoring mission to the property to evaluate the overall state of conservation of the property, the Huerto de las Adoratrices project and the management requirements and boundary clarification of the property, in discussion with the local authorities;
6. Recalling Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, also requests the State Party to inform the World Heritage Centre about any major restoration or construction projects or significant changes to the approved urban development plan (PGOU) and conservation documents, which may affect the Outstanding Universal Value of the property.
7. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a progress report on the implementation of the Convenio between Regional Government of Castilla y Leon and the City of Salamanca, and on the preparation of the integrated management plan, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.