The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 30 COM 7B.86, adopted at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006),
3. Notes the continued efforts made by the Ministry of Culture and the Municipality of Vilnius related to the legal and planning framework for the conservation of the property, and in particular the development of a Master/General Plan for the City of Vilnius;
4. Notes with concern that an integrated management plan for the property has not been produced as a means of ensuring adequate management and protection;
5. Strongly urges the State Party to initiate, as requested during its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006) development of the fully integrated management plan, to govern and co-ordinate all decisions affecting the Old Town development and conservation, through participatory consultation processes.
6. Requests the State Party to ensure an adequate coordination mechanism for the implementation of the integrated management plan at both the local and national levels;
7. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre the new Regulation on the Protection of the Vilnius Old Town, as well as the Master/General Plan and updated documentation on the development of high-rise buildings in the buffer zone for review by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies;
8. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, a detailed report on the development of an integrated management plan for Vilnius Old Town as described in the recommendations above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.