The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7B and Decision 32 COM 7B.85.Rev,
2. Recalling Decisions 30 COM 7B.82 and 31 COM 7B.93 adopted at its 30th (Vilnius, 2006) and 31st (Christchurch, 2007) sessions respectively,
3. Also recalling with satisfaction that the works for the construction of the hotel were suspended immediately upon receipt of Decision 30 COM 7B.82, acknowledges that the State Party continues its efforts towards identifying appropriate solutions to protect the Outstanding Universal Value and the integrity of the property;
4. Urges the State Party to redesign the new Rose Hotel, taking into account the requirements of the 2001 Master Plan and the 2005 Management Plan for the World Heritage property, the recommendations of the 2006 and 2007 missions, and in line with the specific recommendations made in the 2008 mission, in collaboration with UNESCO and the Advisory Bodies;
5. Notes with concern cracks that appeared in the Old Bridge structure of Mostar after the earthquakes, and requests the State Party to continue monitoring, collecting data with precise indicators and take the appropriate measures to ensure the stability of the width and grade of the bridge, in collaboration with the World Heritage Centre and Advisory Bodies;
6. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, an update report on the state of conservation of the property, the results of the monitoring of the cracks in the Old Bridge and the redesign of the Rose Hotel project, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.