The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-08/32.COM/7A.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 31 COM 7A.29, adopted at its 31st session (Christchurch, 2007),
3. Notes with satisfaction the progress made with re-routing the road A-16, the completion of the first phase of the Priority interventions programme and the participation process for management plan implementation;
4. Requests the State Party to undertake a comprehensive structural assessment of priority buildings and to seek actively the necessary funds for stabilizing and conserving the remaining 21 buildings;
5. Reiterates its request to the State Party to develop, in consultation with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, a draft Statement of Outstanding Universal Value including the conditions of integrity and authenticity, and a proposal for the Desired state of conservation for the removal of the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009;
6. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, an updated report on the progress made in the above mentioned areas and in the implementation of the management plan, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 33rd session in 2009;
7. Decides to retain the Humberstone and Santa Laura Saltpeter Works (Chile) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.