The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7A,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7A.6 adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005);
3. Regrets that the state of conservation report provided by the State Party does not respond to the specific findings and recommendations of the 2005 IUCN monitoring mission and does not provide information with regard to the benchmarks set by the Committee at its 29th session;
4. Commends the State Party and other partners, for the approval of the project for the "Co-management of Natural Resources in Aïr and Ténéré Natural Reserves and adjacent areas" (COGERAT) and encourages the implementing partners to provide effective management, leadership and commitment to ensure that the outcomes of the project have practical and long term benefits for the World Heritage property;
5. Urges the State Party, with the support of the COGERAT project, to implement the corrective measures in order to meet the benchmarks adopted by the World Heritage Committee at its 29th session (Durban, 2005);
6. Reiterates its request to the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with an updated report by 1 February 2007 on the state of conservation of the property, specifically on progress made in relation to the benchmarks set by the World Heritage Committee for a removal of the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger, along with a timeframe for their achievement, as well as on the implementation and progress of the COGERAT project, for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007;
7. Decides to retain the Aïr and Ténéré Natural Reserves (Niger) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.