Decision : 31 COM 7B.66
Archaeological site of Volubilis (Morocco)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 29 COM 7B.100 and 30 COM 7B.55, adopted at its 29th session (Durban,2005) and 30th sessions (Vilnius, 2006) respectively,
3. Notes with satisfaction that the State Party has taken into account the recommendations of the Committee in order to maintain the visual integrity of the property, notably by modifying the development project on the periphery of the property;
4. Urges the State Party, in accordance with paragraph 5 of Decision 30 COM 7B.55, to prepare a management plan for the property, including a programme for the management of new installations, and to transmit it to the World Heritage Centre;
5. Requests the State Party, in accordance with Decisions 29 COM 7B.100 and 30 COM 7B.55, to define the boundaries of the area of the proposed buffer zone and to officially provide a map of this zone to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2008 for approval by the Committee at its 32nd session in 2008.