28 COM 14B.17
Extension of Properties Inscribed on the World Heritage List (Gough Island Wildlife Reserve)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Approves the extension of the Gough Island Wildlife Reserve, United Kingdom, to include the neighbouring Inaccessible Island and the surrounding marine zone extending out to 12 nautical miles;
2. Also approves the extension of the Gough Island marine zone from 3 nautical miles to 12 nautical miles, to bring the boundaries of the World Heritage property in line with those of the Nature Reserve;
3. Further approves the change of name proposed by the State Party to Gough and Inaccessible Islands.
4. Commends the State Party on its policy of conservation-based fishery management in the waters around Gough Island;
5. Invites the authorities to maintain the current tight regulations and strict enforcement over illegal fisheries;
6. Encourages the State Party to extend its ratification of the Agreement for the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels to include the Tristan da Cunha Archipelago.
Original Decision Document
Context of Decision