The Megalithic Temples of Malta (Malta)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.80, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Commends the State Party for the continuing efforts to improve the state of conservation of the Megalithic Temples, and in particular in enhancing monitoring activities, conservation actions at the sites, and advances made for adequate visitor facilities, and asks that actions to address illegal construction be continued and enforced;
4. Requests the State Party to provide to the World Heritage Centre with detailed designs and drawings of the visitor centres, protective shelters, as well as of walkways, before the implementation of any of these projects;
5. Urges the State Party to finalise the Management Plan in accordance with Decision 29 COM 7B.80 paragraph 4, and also requests the State Party to submit three copies of the plan by 1 February 2008 to the World Heritage Centre.