Old Town of Galle and its Fortifications (Sri Lanka) (C 451)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 34 COM 7B.72, adopted at its 34th session (Brasilia, 2010),
3. Expresses its deep regret that the State Party has not submitted a state of conservation report, that it did not submit one to the 34th session, and that therefore no response has been provided to the recommendations of the 2010 reactive monitoring mission;
4. Also expresses deep concern at the potential vulnerability of the property from proposed development, from the absence of effective conservation control in the Old Town and from the lack of a conservation management plan;
5. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2012, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and responses to the requests of the World Heritage Committee at its 34th session for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 36th session in 2012.