CONF 002 III..14.A
Requests for technical co-operation - Technical co-operation projects recommended for approval
14. The Bureau examined the deferred and new requests received from the States Parties to the Convention and made the following recommendations to the Committee.
A. Technical Co-operation requests projects recommended for approval
- Malta - Hal Saflieni Hypogeum (request n°130.1)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation consisting of equipment and one month's consultant mission for a total amount of $9,000 to help with the preservation of the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum.
- Malta - Ggantija and Valetta (request n°131.1/132.1)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation consisting of a two-week consultant mission to advise on setting up a stone research and conservation unit necessary for the preservation of Ggantija and Valletta, at a cost of $3,250.
- Poland - Cracow's Historic Centre (request n°29.1)
The Bureau recommended that technical co-operation in the form of equipment, the cost of which amounts to $75,500, be granted to Poland for the safeguarding of Cracow's Historic Centre.
- Syrian Arab Republic - City of Damascus (request n°20.1 revised)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation amounting to $120,000 in the form of equipment and financial assistance for conservation work in the City of Damascus.