The General Assembly,
- Having examined Document WHC/21/23.GA/10 and WHC/21/23.GA/INF.10,
- Recalling Decisions 42 COM 12A and 43 COM 12 adopted respectively at the 42nd (Manama, 2018) and 43rd (Baku, 2019) sessions of the World Heritage Committee, as well as Resolution 22 GA 10 adopted by the General Assembly at its 22nd session (UNESCO, 2019),
- Also recalling that the “Declaration of principles to promote international solidarity and cooperation to preserve World Heritage” is not legally binding, but that stakeholders are called upon to honour its contents,
- Thanks the States Parties of Austria, Azerbaijan, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia for their generous financial support to the Open-ended Working Group of States Parties to the Convention;
- Further thanks the Chairperson, E. Mr Ghazi Gherairi (Tunisia), the Vice-Chairperson H.E. Mr Christian Ter Stepanian (Armenia) and the Rapporteur Mr Ole Søe Eriksen (Norway), for their able leadership, as well as the World Heritage Centre;
- Expresses its appreciation to the Open-ended Working Group of States Parties to the Convention for its work and takes note of the discussions held during its meetings;
- Endorses the “Declaration of principles to promote international solidarity and cooperation to preserve World Heritage” contained in Document WHC/21/23.GA/INF.10.