The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Documents WHC-10/34.COM/5F and WHC-10/34.COM/INF.5F.1 and WHC-10/34.COM/INF.5F.2,
2. Takes note, with satisfaction, of the progress made in the implementation of the World Heritage Thematic Programmes;
3. Commends the important contribution of the international Scientific Working Group, States Parties and Advisory Bodies in the development of World Heritage Thematic Programme on Prehistory and approves the suggestion of the Drafting group to revise the name of the World Heritage Thematic Programme on Prehistory as "Human Evolution : Adaptations, Dispersals and Social Developments (HEADS)";
4. Also takes note of the activities organized by the States Parties within the framework of the Thematic Initiative "Astronomy and World Heritage", and requests the World Heritage Centre to disseminate the Thematic Study on Astronomical Heritage jointly prepared by ICOMOS and the IAU Working Group, in conformity with its Decision 32 COM 10A, among the States Parties;
5. Notes the activities undertaken to progress the implementation of the framework of the Marine World Heritage Thematic Programme and the Bahrain Action Plan, and thanks the relevant States Parties, IUCN and the World Heritage Centre for their involvement to date.
6. Also thanks the States Parties having supported the implementation of the World Heritage Thematic Programmes;
7. Further takes note , in particular, of the contribution of the other World Heritage Thematic Programmes and Initiatives to the implementation of its Strategic Objectives and also requests the Director of the World Heritage Centre to identify extra budgetary funding and ensure adequate staffing for their continued development on key World Heritage conservation issues;
8. Also notes the concerns expressed regarding the need for economies of scale, particulary in relation to SIDS and takes this into account within the execution of these programmes;
9. Further requests the World Heritage Centre to present a progress report on the Thematic Programmes at its 36th session in 2012.