The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/21/44.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 43 COM 7B.108, adopted at its 43rd session (Baku, 2019),
- Welcomes the submission and adoption of the updated Management Plan (2020-2025), and the adoption of the “Area Action Plan for Urban Heritage Area: Buffer Zone of the Aapravasi Ghat World Heritage Property (AAP 01)”, which includes provisions for impact assessments where development proposals may negatively impact the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of the property;
- Also welcomes the commitment of the State Party to undertake and submit for review an overarching Heritage Impact Assessment and Visual Impact Assessment (HIA/VIA) on the buffer zone developments, as well as constituent HIA/VIAs on the individual developments before projects are implemented;
- Reiterates its request to the State Party to develop a framework for stakeholder consultation in all matters that may affect the OUV of the property, including for impact assessment procedures;
- Requests the State Party to provide information to the World Heritage Centre on future archival and archaeological research on the Parc à Boulets;
- Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2022, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 46th session.