The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/17/41.COM/10B,
- Recalling Decision 40 COM 10B.1 adopted at its 40th session (Istanbul/UNESCO, 2016),
- Welcomes the progress made in the follow-up of the Second Cycle of Periodic Reporting in the region of Asia and the Pacific;
- Thanks the governments of Japan, the Netherlands and the Republic of Korea for their contributions towards supporting follow-up activities to the Second Cycle of Periodic Reporting in the region of Asia and the Pacific;
- Takes note of the progress made on the Silk Roads nomination process, initiated by the Asian States Parties in collaboration with the World Heritage Centre, and commends the fruitful international cooperation between the national institutions of various States Parties in the region, which makes this project a good practice example for other serial transnational nominations;
- Reiterates its invitation to States Parties in Asia and the Pacific to actively implement the relevant sub-regional Action Plans, and encourages them to intensify their contributions towards the implementation of follow-up activities, to be planned and developed in close collaboration with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies;
- Requests the World Heritage Centre to present a progress report on the implementation of the Action Plan(s) for Asia and the Pacific every two years as from 2019 (43rd session).