The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Documents WHC-14/38.COM/8B.Add, and WHC-14/38.COM/INF.8B1.Add,
- Notes the confirmation by the State Party that mining activity is legally prohibited in protected areas, including in World Heritage properties;
- Approves the proposed buffer zone of Mapungubwe Cultural Landscape, South Africa;
- Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre the Environmental Management Framework for the proposed buffer zone as soon as it has been finalised including land uses and approved regulatory tools;
- Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre information about the ‘off-setting’ in relation to the Vele Colliery, as previously requested by the World Heritage Committee.