The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Notes the results of the Feburary 2007 mission to the World Heritage property, and in particular the positive outcome with a compromise to lower the height of the proposed hotel project near Parndorf from 73m to 47.2m;
3. Also notes that even at this lower height the hotel should not set a precedent for future development;
4. Welcomes the proposed introduction of new zoning regulations to protect the setting of the World Heritage property from adverse development and further notes that such regulations will be based on an appraisal of the visual and cultural qualities of the property’s setting;
5. Also welcomes the organisation of a seminar on management and protection for stakeholders;
6. Requests the States Parties to provide the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2009, with a state of conservation report on the property and progress achieved in the implementation of zoning regulations and the introduction of supplementary strategies for the development and protection of vernacular buildings in the Management Plan, for examination by the Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.