The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-11/35.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 32 COM 7B.76, adopted at its 32nd session (Quebec City, 2008),
3. Takes note of the conclusions and recommendations of the March 2011 UNESCO international expert advisory mission to the Pashupati Monument Zone of the Kathmandu Valley with respect to the proposed tunnel road construction of 2007 and the proposed Kathmandu International Airport extension;
4. Urges the State Party to abandon its plans for the tunnel road construction crossing the Pashupati monument zone, to determine a road trajectory that goes around the property boundary and to restore the pre-2007 situation at the monument zone;
5. Requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/Advisory Bodies reactive monitoring mission to the property to assess the state of conservation of the property, including the tunnel road construction crossing the Pashupati monument zone and the planned extension of the Kathmandu International Airport;
6. Also requests the State Party to provide the World Heritage Centre with detailed information including an independently prepared Heritage Impact Assessment for review by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, in accordance with Paragraph 172 of the Operational Guidelines, prior to the mission;
7. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2012, a report on the implementation of the March 2011 UNESCO international expert advisory mission recommendations and on the state of conservation of the property, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 36th session in 2012.