The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.68 adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Congratulates the State Party of Uzbekistan for the advances made in the management and protection of the property;
4. Notes, however, that a real management plan for the property would still need to be prepared, based on the principles set out in the Operational Guidelines;
5. Requests the State Party, with assistance from the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, to develop a comprehensive Management Plan specifically targeted at the situation in Shakhrisyabz, clearly based on the outstanding universal value of the property as recognized by the World Heritage Committee and in accordance with the principles set out in the Operational Guidelines (paragraphs 96-119). This should include a description of the physical attributes that it aims to conserve, specific activities to protect these attributes and provisions for a monitoring their state of conservation, as well as details on how the management system operates in aspects such as decision-making structure, budgeting, monitoring, specific conservation/restoration projects, etc.;
6. Further requests the State Party to submit, to the World Heritage Centre a report, by 1 February 2006, on the progress achieved on the implementation of the above recommendation, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).