The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling that, in accordance with Article 11, paragraph 4 of the Convention and paragraph 177 of its Operational Guidelines, a property can be considered in danger when major operations are necessary for its conservation,
3. Encourages the Senegalese authorities and the local authorities to continue to work together for the conservation and the presentation of the property, in particular by collaborating in creating a ‘heritage house';
4. Invites the State Party of Senegal to pursue its efforts for the conservation and protection of the Island of Saint-Louis, and encourages the rest of the international community to support such efforts;
5. Also invites the State Party to organise at UNESCO Headquarters a meeting of the funding institutions and the major international community partners active in Senegal;
6. Requests the World Heritage Centre, ICOMOS and ICCROM to undertake, in collaboration with the State Party, a joint mission to evaluate the state of conservation of the property, and to present a report for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006);
7. Considers that, following the results of this mission, the Committee may decide to inscribe the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger.