Year of inscription on the World Heritage List 1981
Year(s) of inscription on the List of World Heritage in Danger N/A
Previous Committee Decisions see page https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/143/documents/
Requests approved: 0
Total amount approved: USD 0
For details, see page https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/143/assistance/
UNESCO Extra-budgetary Funds
Previous monitoring missions
Factors affecting the property identified in previous reports
Illustrative material see page https://whc.unesco.org/en/list/143/
Conservation issues presented to the World Heritage Committee in 2006
A very brief report dated 31 March 2006 was submitted by the State Party to the World Heritage Centre. However, this report does not provide any substantial information regarding the state of conservation of the site.
The site was included in the List of the 100 Most Endangered Sites of the World Monuments Watch in 2005, owing to its poor state of conservation affected by the severe local climate conditions (rain, wind, etc.). The site also suffers from loss of groundwater and topsoil erosion caused by the shift of the riverbed.
Analysis and Conclusions of the World Heritage Centre, ICOMOS and ICCROM
Decision Adopted: 30 COM 7B.68
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-06/30.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decision 29 COM 7B.103, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
3. Regrets that insufficient information on the state of conservation of the property has been provided by the State Party;
4. Notes with great concern that the site has been included in the List of the 100 Most Endangered Sites of the World Monuments Watch in 2005, due to the significant decay of the property caused by the local climate conditions and the shift of the riverbed;
5. Requests the State Party to invite a joint World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS mission to the property to examine the urgency of the situation, in close consultation with the responsible authorities, and report to the Committee on the outcome of the mission at its 31st session in 2007;
6. Further requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2007 a detailed report on the state of conservation of the property for examination by the Committee at its 31st session in 2007.