Museum of the World Ocean invites you to take part in the International Theoretical and Practical Conference devoted to issues of study and preservation of maritime heritage and museum’s 25th anniversary.
The conferences, organized by Museum of the World Ocean, bring museum and scientific communities closer to the phenomenon of maritime heritage and reveal problematic issues in the study and preservation of maritime heritage as well as potential solutions.
The International Theoretical and Practical Conference will be held in a jubilee year for the museum – the year when the Museum of the World Ocean sums up its activities.
Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
Maritime Heritage Association
Maritime Board under the Government of the Russian Federation
Chairperson of the organizing committee:
Vyacheslav Popov, Chairperson of Interdepartmental Committee for Maritime Heritage of Maritime Board under the Government of the Russian Federation, Murmansk
Svetlana Sivkova, Director General of Museum of the World Ocean, Kaliningrad
Federal State Government-financed Institution for Culture “Museum of the World Ocean”.
1 Naberezhnaya Petra Velikogo 236006 Kaliningrad, Russia.
Telephones: +7(4012) 530547, +7(4012) 538915.
GOAL OF THE CONFERENCE:
Experience exchange between specialists dealing with study, preservation and popularization of maritime heritage; enlargement of cooperation between museums and research institutions, improvement of presentation of scientific results by museums; revelation of urgent problems within preservation of maritime heritage and ways of their solution.
MAIN TOPICS OF THE CONFERENCE:
- Museums, archives, libraries, collections of maritime historical, cultural and natural heritage;
- Urgent problems of maritime museums and their solution;
- Traditional boats, marine practice and yachting;
- Underwater heritage, conservation and restoration of underwater heritage;
- Historical boat model making;
- Sea memorial, fortifications;
- Cities, settlements and other historical and cultural realty;
- Popularization of maritime heritage, informational and educational, scientific and publishing activities;
- Modern ways to present research results in museums;
- Partnership between museums and research organizations, Russian and foreign experience;
- Maritime heritage and tourism;
- World tendencies and best practice in application of information tools for preservation, study and presentation of maritime heritage.
- Museum ships’ captains meetings
- Information tools as a way for cultural heritage access
- Partnership as a guarantee of stability for a museum
Dear participants! Please, fill in the participant’s form!
Abstracts should be presented before October 15, 2014.
Russian-speaking participants should present their abstracts both in Russian and English.
English-speaking and other participants should present their abstracts in English. All the materials should be electronic.
Participants are to pay the following fees:
Full participants – 3 000 roubles;
Student and postgraduate participants – 1 000 roubles;
Accompanying persons - 500 roubles.
PLEASE, CONTACT THE MUSEUM IF YOU HAVE GOT ANY QUESTIONS:Museum of the World Ocean
1 Naberezhnaya Petra Velikogo.
Tel.: +7(4012) 538915, 538804, 340244, fax: +7(4012) 340211