The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/21/44.COM/10C,
- Recalling Decision 43 COM 10A.1 adopted at its 43rd session (Baku, 2019),
- Welcomes the progress made in the follow-up of the Second Cycle of Periodic Reporting in the region of Asia and the Pacific;
- Thanks the Governments of China, Japan, the Netherlands and the Republic of Korea as well as the European Union for their contributions towards supporting follow-up activities to the Second Cycle of Periodic Reporting in the region of Asia and the Pacific;
- Takes note of the progress made on the Silk Roads nomination process, initiated by the Asian States Parties in collaboration with the World Heritage Centre, and commends the fruitful international cooperation between the national institutions of various States Parties in the region;
- Notes that the Third Cycle of Periodic Reporting is currently ongoing in the region of Asia and the Pacific, and reiterates its encouragements to States Parties to implement follow-up activities from the Second Cycle ahead of the development of new Action Plans, in close collaboration with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, and to seek any additional means necessary to do so;
- Reminds States Parties that have not yet done so to submit Retrospective Statements of Outstanding Universal Value by 1 February 2022, as well as clarifications of boundaries by 1 December 2021 at the latest, for review by the Advisory Bodies and consideration at the upcoming sessions of the Committee.