The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/17/41.COM/8B.Add,
- Noting that some large complex serial transnational nominations may benefit from an agreed nomination strategy before their official submission,
- Commends the involved States Parties, the World Heritage Centre and ICOMOS for their work towards a solution for a feasible nomination process for the remainder of the serial transnational property Frontiers of the Roman Empire and also commends the States Parties for having participated in the preparation of the Thematic Study, and the development of an overall Nomination Strategy for the whole Roman frontiers and a detailed strategy for the European section of the Roman Frontier;
- Takes note of the nomination strategy process for the remainder of the serial transnational property Frontiers of the Roman Empire presented in Document WHC/17/41.COM/8B.Add;
- Emphasizes that, if and when, it takes note of a nomination strategy, this is not prejudicial and does not imply that the complex serial transnational nominations proposed would necessarily lead to an inscription on the World Heritage List.