The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/17/41.COM/5A,
- Recalling Decision 40 COM 5A adopted at its 40th session (Istanbul/UNESCO, 2016),
- Takes note with appreciation of the activities undertaken by the World Heritage Centre over the past year in pursuit of the expected result to ensure that “tangible heritage is identified, protected, monitored and sustainably managed by Member States, in particular through the effective implementation of the 1972 Convention”, and the five strategic objectives as presented in Document WHC/17/41.COM/5A;
- Notes the results of expert meetings undertaken on criterion (vi) and on memory sites and their interpretation, thanks the authorities of Korea, Poland and Rwanda for organizing expert meetings and welcomes the financial support by the authorities of Germany and Korea for thematic studies on these topics;
- Also welcomes the proactive role of the World Heritage Centre for enhancing the synergies among the Culture and Biodiversity-related Conventions and programmes and particularly, the integration of relevant synergies aspects in the revised Periodic Reporting format and the launch of a synergy-related web page on the Centre’s website;
- Invites the States Parties to support the activities carried out by the World Heritage Centre for the implementation of the Convention;
- Requests the World Heritage Centre to present, at its 42nd session, a report on its activities.