The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/16/40.COM/7A,
- Recalling Decision 39 COM 7A.46, adopted at its 39th session (Bonn, 2015),
- While regretting that the set of corrective measures adopted at the time of inscription of the property on the List of World Heritage in Danger was not implemented within the timeframe 2012-2015, appreciates the State Party’s renewed commitment to take all necessary measures for the proper conservation and management of the property;
- Welcomes the strategy, programme and timeframe that are now submitted by the State Party that will ensure the implementation of the corrective measures in the period 2016-2019 with the aim of achieving the Desired state of conservation for the removal of the property from the List of World Heritage in Danger (DSOCR) in 2019;
- Urges the State Party to take all the necessary legal, institutional, managerial and financial measures to ensure the full implementation of the corrective measures and to inform the Committee in its annual reports on the progress made;
- Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2017, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 41st session in 2017;
- Decides to retain the Fortifications on the Caribbean Side of Panama: Portobelo-San Lorenzo (Panama) on the List of World Heritage in Danger.