The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/13,
2. Recalling Decision 35 COM 12 adopted at its 35th session (UNESCO, 2011), which requested to “establish a four-year cycle for updating the Operational Guidelines and that the Operational Guidelines should be restricted to operational guidance, and that a new document, ‘Policy Guidelines’, be developed as a means to capture the range of policies that the Committee and the General Assembly adopt” (Decision 35 COM 12B , point 11) and to “develop ‘Policy Guidelines’ for the implementation of the World Heritage Convention , drawing in part on the results of expert meetings and consultative bodies” (Decision 35 COM 12B , point 12),
3. Welcomes the first draft Policy Guidelines document prepared by the World Heritage Centre in consultation with the Advisory Bodies;
4. Takes note of the workload and financial constraints to carry out a full analysis of all relevant decisions and policies developed by the General Assembly and the World Heritage Committee from 1978 to 2013;
5. Encourages States Parties to consider providing earmarked contributions to the World Heritage Fund for the development of Policy Guidelines and their review;
6. Requests ICCROM, in collaboration with the World Heritage Centre and the other Advisory Bodies, to further develop the Policy Guidelines and present a scoping document so that stakeholders are made fully aware of policy decisions that have been taken by the World Heritage Committee or the General Assembly subject to available funding;
7. Also requests the World Heritage Centre to present a report on progress made to the World Heritage Committee at its 39th session in 2015.