The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-12/36.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decisions 32 COM 7B.43 and 34 COM 7B.40, adopted at its 32nd (Quebec City, 2008) and its 34th (Brasilia, 2010) sessions respectively;
3. Notes with satisfaction the progress made by the State Party and the Holy Community of Mount Athos to prepare a preliminary inter-disciplinary management plan which will address the recommendations of the 2006 joint reactive monitoring mission and the recommendations of the Committee and which, once approved, will form the basis of a ‘Final systematic, management, environmental and land planning study of the Athos peninsula’;
4. Recommends that the State Party, in collaboration with the Holy Community provide, by 1 February 2013, three printed and electronic copies of the preliminary management plan for review by the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies; before it is finalized;
5. Reiterates its request to the State Party and the Holy Community to consider possibilities to support, in cooperation with the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies, a key stakeholder multi-disciplinary workshop to shape the approach to development of the management framework, and thus contribute, inter alia, to the discussion on appropriate management mechanisms concerning World Heritage properties of religious interest addressed by Committee Decision 35 COM 5A adopted at its 35th session on heritage of religious interest;
6. Requests the State Party, in collaboration with the Holy Community, to provide to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2014 a report on progress made in developing an integrated management framework and Management Plan, in line with the recommendations of the joint 2006 World Heritage Centre/ICOMOS/IUCN reactive monitoring mission, and on the implementation of the above recommendations.