The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/14,
- Recalling Decisions 7 EXT.COM 11, adopted at its 7th extraordinary session (UNESCO, 2004) and 29 COM 10, adopted at its 29th session (Durban, 2005),
- Takes notes of the document WHC-07/31.COM/14 and, in particular, the activities undertaken from 2005 to 2007 within the Global Framework Programme for capacity building and training for Natural Heritage;
- Requests the Director of the World Heritage Centre in close cooperation with IUCN and ICCROM to:
- Define a training programme including the institutions and expertise within the States Parties;
- Implement the key recommendations and strategic considerations of this document as well as the Action Plan for Fundraising for Natural Heritage Training and Capacity Building.