The World Heritage Committee,
- Having examined Document WHC/16/40.COM/7B,
- Recalling Decision 39 COM 7B.65, adopted at its 39th session (Bonn, 2015),
- Noting with concern that, despite reassurances provided by the State Party, the Management Plan for Jaisalmer Fort is still in a drafting phase, requests the State Party to expedite the completion of the Management Plan for Jaisalmer Fort and to submit the final draft, along with sub-plans for visitor management, risk preparedness and livelihood generation for the local population, to the World Heritage Centre, for review by the Advisory Bodies, prior to its adoption;
- Also requests the State Party to provide all available studies on the mining in the setting of Chittorgargh Fort to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2017, for review by the Advisory Bodies, in order to ensure that there are no negative impacts on the Outstanding Universal Value (OUV) of the property;
- Further requests the State Party to provide detailed information on the consolidation measures undertaken and foreseen for the Kumbhalgarh Fort, to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 February 2017, for review by the Advisory Bodies;
- Requests furthermore the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre, by 1 December 2017, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 42nd session in 2018.