The Bureau learned of the possible threat to this site through the construction of an olive-packing unit. A formal request for additional information has been forwarded to the Greek authorities who replied that permission would not begranted until all prerequisite conditions had been satisfied. The Greek Observer confirmed that the Greek authorities had already been alerted and assured the Bureau that the Committee will be informed on all further decisions taken by them. ICOMOS expressed concern about the construction of the plant that could have a negative impact.
Decision 17 BUR VIII.2
Decision Code17 BUR VIII.2
States Parties 1
State of conservation reports1993 Archaeological Site of Delphi
Report of the Rapporteur