The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7.3,
2. Recalling Decisions 28 COM 10.B, 31 COM 7.2 and 33 COM 7C adopted at its 28th (Suzhou, 2004), 31st (Christchurch, 2007) and 33rd (Seville, 2009) sessions respectively,
3. Takes note with satisfaction, of the progress made in the implementation of the Strategy for Disaster Risk Reduction at World Heritage Properties, since its adoption in 2007;
4. Welcomes the Resource Manual on 'Managing Disaster Risks for World Heritage' and "The Olympia Protocol for International Cooperation: Strengthening Disaster Risk Reduction at World Heritage Properties" as appropriate methodological tools for the implementation of the above-mentioned Strategy, and encourages States Parties to use them as a basis for developing cooperation among them and with other partners if necessary;
5. Also welcomes the proposed twinning arrangements among World Heritage properties to promote cooperation on Disaster Risk Reduction and develop pilot projects that could serve as best practices, and also encourages States Parties to further develop similar mechanisms among them;
6. Further encourages the States Parties to examine and promote the actions proposed as a result of the Acre Workshop of November 2009 and requests the World Heritage Centre, Advisory Bodies and States Parties to implement them within the limits of their possibilities;
7. Encourages furthermore the States Parties, that have not already done so, to reply to the questionnaire on disaster risk, and further requests the World Heritage Centre to submit a report on the progress made in the implementation of the above-mentioned actions for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 36th session in 2012.