14. The Bureau examined the deferred and new requests received from the States Parties to the Convention and made the following recommendations to the Committee.
A. Technical Co-operation requests projects recommended for approval
- Malta - Hal Saflieni Hypogeum (request n°130.1)
The Bureau recommended that the Committee grant technical co-operation consisting of equipment and one month's consultant mission for a total amount of $9,000 to help with the preservation of the Hal Saflieni Hypogeum.
- Malta - Ggantija and Valetta (request n°131.1/132.1)
The Bureau ...
B. Technical cooperation requests deferred
- Algeria - The Qal'ah of Beni Hammad (request n°102.1)
The Algerian authorities had submitted a request for assistance in connection with the preservation of the above site. The Bureau was informed that a preparatory assistance consultant mission would take place in July 1981 in order to prepare a revised, detailed request for technical co-operation for this site, which will be submitted to the Bureau at its 6th session.
- Algeria - Dey's Palace and Citadel Quarter of Setif (requests n°101.1 and 103.1)
These requests had to be ...
Guinea - Mount Nimba (request n°155.1)
The Guinean authorities had requested equipment amounting to $48.510 for a scientific research programme for Mount Nimba. However, the Bureau felt that priority should be given to protective measures and to the establishment of a management plan for this site. The Bureau therefore encouraged Guinea to re-formulate and to re-submit a request along these lines.
16. The Bureau granted emergency assistance to
(a) Pakistan: Salaries for workmen and purchase of equipment for emergency restoration work at Lahore Fort and Shalimar Gardens at the cost of $44,000 and $12,000 respectively.