Jaeger-LeCoultre launches its second online auction for the preservation of World Heritage sites
After last year's groundbreaking Tides of Time campaign, Jaeger-LeCoultre's second online auction on March 18, 2010 will benefit the preservation work of the UNESCO World Heritage Centre. This year, the Manufacture is offering an iconic and unique timepiece: one of two vintage 1958 Geophysic Chronometers tested by professional climber Stephane Schaffter and his team during their recent Geophysic Expedition to the Himalayas. Their successful expedition culminated in the official naming of a virgin peak, Mt Antoine LeCoultre.
Jaeger-LeCoultre launched its Geophysic Chronometer in 1958 and made just 1290 of them. Since then, it has become one of the most iconic pieces in the history of the brand, epitomizing the values of precision, resistance and aesthetic perfection.
Jaeger-LeCoultre has a long-term partnership with the UNESCO World Heritage Centre and the International Herald Tribune, made up of a 3-year international advertising campaign promoting a number of Marine World Heritage sites and issues affecting them. The goal of the partnership is to help defend and protect outstanding marine sites that require immediate intervention. The auction is a chance for watch lovers and collectors to participate in this worthy cause.
Click here to participate in the auction: Jaeger-LeCoultre online auction.
Other news (8)
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction benefits Brazilian Atlantic Islands: Fernando de Noronha and Atol das Rocas Reserves Friday, June 14, 2013
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction benefits Puerto-Princesa Subterranean River National Park Thursday, March 22, 2012
- Jaeger-LeCoultre affirms commitment to marine conservation at Global Conference on Oceans Thursday, May 6, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre auction proceeds support Sundarbans National Park Thursday, April 22, 2010
- Jaeger-LeCoultre and the International Herald Tribune continue to support the World Heritage Marine Programme Friday, June 26, 2009
- Tubbataha Reef Marine Park in the Philippines receives £13,540 from an auction organized by Jaeger-LeCoultre Friday, March 20, 2009
- Jaeger-LeCoultre watch to be auctioned for World Heritage preservation Thursday, February 12, 2009
- Jaeger-LeCoultre and International Herald Tribune provide support to World Heritage Marine Programme Friday, September 12, 2008
Wednesday, March 10, 2010