Periodic Reporting meeting for Western, Nordic-Baltic and Mediterranean Europe
In the framework of the implementation of the Second Cycle of the Periodic Reporting exercise in Europe and North America, the national Focal Points for Periodic Reporting from Nordic, Baltic, Western and Mediterranean Europe shall meet in Berlin from 24 to 26 September 2012, at a meeting hosted by Germany and organized in collaboration with the World Heritage Centre (see Decision 36 COM 10B.7).
The core meetings will take place during two days on 24 and 25 September and will be held in English. On day 2, a practical training on the usage of the Periodic Reporting questionnaire will introduce the online tool to Focal Points and Site Managers of Group A (Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States of America). A parallel session will be held for the National Focal Points of Mediterranean Europe (Group B). The practical training for Mediterranean Europe will take place in Florence/Italy in September 2013.
The meetings will be followed by a visit to Stralsund, a component of the World Heritage site “Historic Centres of Stralsund and Wismar“ on the afternoon of 25 September and to Rügen Island on 26 September, where a component of the World Heritage site “Primeval Beech Forests of the Carpathians and the Ancient Beech Forests of Germany” is located.
- List of Participants
- Presentation "Introduction to the 2nd Cycle of the Periodic Reporting Exercise: Principles, objectives and Road Map"
- Presentation "Procedures for boundary clarifications, minor boundary modifications, name changes and criteria changes"
- Presentation "Significant boundary modifications"
- Presentation "Status and process of approval of retrospective Statements of Outstanding Universal Value"
- Presentation "The Periodic Reporting Exercise and the World Heritage Capacity Building Strategy"
- Presentation "The Periodic Reporting online platform for Europe and North America and technical features of the Periodic Reporting Questionnaire (Section I and II)"
- Presentation "Update on the Periodic Reporting Exercise in Mediterranean Europe"
- Presentation "What do we expect from the Periodic Reporting Exercise? Mapping of expectations"
- Report of the Periodic Reporting Meeting
- Workshop Programme
Monday, September 24, 2012
Wednesday, September 26, 2012