4th Regional Meeting on Modern Heritage: North America
Organised by UNESCO's World Heritage Centre and the University of Florida (College of Design, Construction and Planning Preservation Programs). 20 experts, 10 from the USA, 9 from Canada and one from Brazil, were invited by the Director of the World Heritage Centre to discuss identification, protection, conservation and potential nomination of properties and sites of Modern Heritage in North America. Presented as case studies were, among others, The Distant Early Warning (DEW) Line Station network in the Canadian Arctic; Miami Beach Heritage & Art Deco District; Habitat 67, Montreal; Marina City, Chicago; Grain elevators of Saskatchewan; The former Visitor Centre at Gettysburg National Military Park; and The Buildings of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- 1st Regional Meeting on Modern Heritage, for Latin America Dec 11, 2002 - Dec 13, 2002
- 2nd Regional Meeting on Modern Heritage, for Asia and the Pacific Feb 27, 2003 - Feb 28, 2003
- 3rd Regional Meeting on Modern Heritage, for Sub-Saharan Africa Mar 4, 2004 - Mar 7, 2004
- 4th Regional Meeting on Modern Heritage: North America Nov 10, 2004 - Nov 13, 2004
- 5th Regional Meeting on Modern Heritage: Mediterranean Basin Mar 29, 2005 - Mar 31, 2005