The World Heritage Committee:
1. Having examined Document WHC-04/7 EXT.COM/4B,
2. Recalling Decision 28 COM 13.1, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004)
3. Decides that the Special Meeting of Experts referred to in paragraph 13 of Decision 28 COM 13.1 shall take place in Kazan, as offered by the Russian Federation and thanks the Russian authorities for their offer;
4. Decides that the Special Meeting mentioned above will take place from 6 to 9 April 2005;
5. Requests the World Heritage Centre to prepare a background paper collecting as much as possible relevant information pertaining to the elements referred to in, points a), b), c), and d) of paragraph 13 of the Decision 28 COM 13.1. This document should be considered the reference document for the work of the Special Meeting of Experts and it should also be distributed to all Members of the Committee for information under a circular letter;
6. Requests the Advisory Bodies to present to the Special Meeting of Experts a document on the analysis of the Tentative List, and thematic studies as stated in paragraph 12 of the above-mentioned decision in order to get a clear position concerning the question of the unrepresented and less represented categories of natural and cultural properties on the World Heritage List;
7. Requests the World Heritage Centre to prepare, on the basis of the conclusions and proposals of the Special Meeting of Experts, a document for the consideration by the Committee at its 29th session (Durban, 2005).