27COM 7B. 95
Historic Centre of Mexico City and Xochimilco (Mexico)
The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Having taken note of the November 2002 ICOMOS mission findings and recommendations,;
2. Commends the authorities for their efforts to increase the protection and conservation of the property;
3. Notes with appreciation that a seminar on the recovery of the property was organized under the auspices of UNESCO and of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO);
4. Strongly supports the current initiative to co-ordinate and manage the conservation process through the design and implementation of a comprehensive Master Plan that includes management strategies and reviews the property's characteristics in relation to its boundaries to include the natural environment, the historic urban heritage and the living culture of the territory and community of Xochimilco;
5. Requests the State Party and ICOMOS to consult with IUCN on the plans available for the conservation and effective management of Natural Areas and Ecological Zones and determine the best options available for modifying the boundaries of the area in a manner that would ensure the protection of the natural environment of the heritage property;
6. Encourages the State Party to do its utmost to facilitate this initiative and cooperate with all relevant institutions and organizations in this process; most notably with the local community of Xochimilco;
7. Requests the State Party to continue working in close consultation with ICOMOS and UNESCO;
8. Requests that the State Party submit a detailed report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2005 on the progress made with the design, adoption and implementation of the Master Plan in order that World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 29th session in 2005.
 Decision adopted following written amendments proposed by the State Party.