Port, Fortresses and Group of Monuments, Cartagena (Colombia)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Taking note of the report provided by the State Party,;
2. Recognizing the need to provide for proper on-site visitor facilities, such as public bathrooms,;
3. Recalling, however, paragraph 56 of the Operational Guidelines, which states that "the World Heritage Committee invites the State Parties to the Convention [...] to inform the Committee, through the UNESCO Secretariat, of their intention to undertake or to authorize in an area protected under the Convention major restorations or new constructions which may affect the World Heritage value of the property",;
4. Commends the State Party for inviting a joint UNESCO-ICOMOS reactive monitoring mission, which took place from 30 May to 3 June 2003, and which concluded that the interventions have not compromised the historic value, nor the authenticity and integrity of the property;
5. Requests the State Party to submit a detailed report to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 on the state of conservation of the property in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.