Decision : 27 COM 7B.76
Old City of Salamanca (Spain)
The World Heritage Committee ,
1. Taking note that the Spanish authorities have not provided any official information concerning the current state of the constructions plans for the Auditorium,;
2. Recalling that the walled garden of the Adoratrices is an integral part of the protected core area of the property ‘Old City of Salamanca',;
3. Recalling further that when inscribing the property in 1988, the Committee requested the Spanish authorities to take all possible steps to ensure that the laws concerning the protection of the town be strictly applied,;
4. Recalling finally its decision (26 COM 21(b) 69) taken at its 26th session in 2002 that the State Party avoid minor modifications to the present safeguarding plan and elaborate a new adapted and sustainable management plan,;
5. Urges the State Party to elaborate a management plan that also ensures the preservation of open places within the protected area;
6. Requests the State Party to provide to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2004 a report on these issues in order that the World Heritage Committee can examine the state of conservation of the property at its 28th session in 2004.
 Decision adopted without discussion.