Vredefort Dome (South Africa) (N 1162)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-13/37.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 33 COM 7B.5 and 35 COM 7B.5 , adopted at its 33rd (Seville, 2009) and 35th (UNESCO, 2011) sessions respectively,
3. Commends the State Party for the progress achieved in securing the support of all stakeholders for the proclamation of the property under national legislation, and requests the State Party to complete the proclamation process as soon as possible and to notify the World Heritage Centre when this has been completed;
4. Takes note of the efforts undertaken by the State Party to respond to the previous requests of this Committee and in particular the progress achieved in relation to land use planning controls, the establishment of the Management Authority, and the preparation of Regulations and guidance material for the effective on-ground management by the Authority and also requests the State Party to finalise work associated with previous requests as early as possible;
5. Further requests the State Party to implement the other recommendations of the 2010 joint World Heritage Centre/IUCN monitoring mission, in particular in relation to the presentation of the World Heritage property to visitors, the alignment of the boundaries of the buffer zone with existing farm cadastres, visitor access and associated site protection mechanisms;
6. Finally requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2015, an updated report on the state of conservation of the property and the implementation of the above.