City of Vicenza and the Palladian Villas of the Veneto (Italy)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-07/31.COM/7B,
2. Recalling Decisions 29 COM 7B.66 and 30 COM 7B.85, adopted at its 29th (Durban, 2005) and 30th (Vilnius, 2006) sessions respectively,
3. Acknowledges the efforts made by the authorities to establish specific protection measures and in preparing the management plan;
4. Welcomes the progress made in addressing concerns raised by the 2005 mission with a series of technical solutions proposed for the minimization of the visual impacts of the highway project;
5. Recalls its previous requests for finalizing the management plan and requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2009, the final version of the management plan for the World Heritage property, including conservation plans and buffer zones, as well as an updated report for examination by the Committee at its 33rd session in 2009.