Report of the World Heritage Centre on its activities and the implementation of the World Heritage Committee’s Decisions
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined documents WHC-12/36.COM/5A.1, WHC-12/36.COM/INF.5A.1 and WHC-12/36.COM/INF.5A.3;
2. Recalling Decision 35 COM 5A adopted at its 35th session (UNESCO, 2011),
3. Takes note with appreciation of the results of the activities undertaken by the World Heritage Centre over the past year in pursuit of its five strategic objectives as presented in document WHC-12/36.COM/5A.1;
4. Further notes the progress report on the implementation of the recommendations by the external auditor on the 2009 audit of the World Heritage Centre presented in document WHC-12/36.COM/INF.5A.3;
5. Welcomes the report on UNESCO Conventions in the field of culture presented in document WHC-12/36.COM/INF.5A.1;
6. Takes note of the consultations between the World Heritage Centre and the Advisory Bodies towards the elaboration of a thematic paper proposing to States Parties general guidance regarding the management of their cultural and natural heritage of religious interest, and requests the World Heritage Centre to present to the World Heritage Committee at its 37th session in 2013, a progress report on this activity.