Auschwitz Concentration Camp (Poland)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined the Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 28 COM 15B.93, adopted at its 28th session (Suzhou, 2004),
3. Notes with solemnity that the year 2005 is the 60th anniversary of the liberation of the concentration camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau;
4. Welcomes the establishment of the Steering Committee and the Planning Team for the preparation of the management plan; but nevertheless
5. Strongly encourages the State Party of Poland to continue its efforts in the preparation of the management plan for the deadline of January 2006, and to keep the World Heritage Centre informed of the progress during its preparation;
6. Requests the State Party to provide by 1 February 2006 the World Heritage Centre with a state of conservation report, including progress on the preparation of the management plan, for examination by the Committee at its 30th session (Vilnius, 2006).