Historic Urban Landscape
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7.1,
2. Recalling its Decision 33 COM 7.1, adopted at its 33rd session (Seville, 2009),
3. Thanks the State Party of Brazil and IPHAN for having generously hosted the expert meeting which took place from 7 to 11 December 2009 in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), and the experts having contributed to the meeting;
4. Takes note with satisfaction of the outcomes of the expert meeting and the recommendations for the inclusion of an Historic Urban Landscape approach in the Operational Guidelines;
5. Requests the World Heritage Centre to develop, in cooperation with the Advisory Bodies, a manual on the applications and case studies reflecting best practices of the Historic Urban Landscape approach;
6. Further requests the World Heritage Centre to inform the World Heritage Committee of progress in the development of this manual of best practices at its 35th session in 2011.