Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve (Mexico) (N 1290)
The World Heritage Committee;
1. Having examined Document WHC-10/34.COM/7B.Add,
2. Recalling Decision 32 COM 8B.17, adopted at its 32nd session (Quebec City, 2008),
3. Commends the State Party for attributing considerable financial resources to anti-logging activities and for taking a participatory approach to surveillance, and notes that several additional sources of funding directly and indirectly contribute to activities aimed at maintaining forest cover within the property;
4. Notes with concern that observed illegal logging continues to take place within the property, and that this issue clearly remains a critical threat to the property;
5. Requests the joint World Heritage Centre/IUCN reactive monitoring mission scheduled to take place in 2010 to focus on determining the level of illegal logging ongoing within the property;
6. Also requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 November 2010 an updated report on the state of conservation of the property, including detailed information on the areas affected by illegal logging, for examination by the World Heritage Committee at its 35th session in 2011.