Purnululu National Park (Australia)
The World Heritage Committee,
1. Having examined Document WHC-05/29.COM/7B.Rev,
2. Recalling its Decision 27 COM 8C.11, adopted at its 27th session (UNESCO, 2003),
3. Commends the State Party of Australia for its continued commitment to address the conservation concerns of the property and for providing a detailed report of ongoing and planned measures;
4. Recommends that the State Party take all the necessary measures to further protect surrounding land and improve the buffer zone of the World Heritage property where the opportunity exists and consider adding the Purnululu Conservation Reserve to the National Park;
5. Further recommends that the State Party provide adequate staffing and financing levels to ensure effective management of the property and updates the management plan of the Park, including sustaining traditional Aboriginal communities in the Park, an approach to ways of sustaining intangible qualities, and an appraisal of approaches to ethnographic, sociological and oral recording of intangible and tangible cultural traditions;6. Requests the State Party to submit to the World Heritage Centre by 1 February 2008 a report on progress made on the state of conservation of the property assessing the specific issues raised above, for examination by the Committee at its 32nd session (2008).